|About Joel P. Jensen Middle School: Joel P. Jensen Middle School is located in West Jordan. The goal of Joel P. Jensen is to provide a meaningful academic, social, and emotional environment.
- The school serves about 850 students in grades seven, eight, and nine.
- Joel P. Jensen, opened in 1984. The school is completely accessible to everyone.
- The school operates on a standard nine-month calendar. School begins at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.
- All staff members are certified to teach in their assignment area of expertise. All teachers and administrators are evaluated on a regular basis.
- The curriculum follows guidelines set by Jordan District and the Utah State Board of Education. In addition to basic subjects, students are offered a variety of classes in music, art, vocational education, and foreign language.
- A qualified staff provides resource education for students who require a more individualized program of study.
- Honors and AP programs are provided for students who meet the criteria.
- We have a high level of expectations for students to maintain attendance, discipline, and dress code standards.
- Joel P. Jensen provides a breakfast and lunch program.
- An active PTA and School Community Council support continuous input regarding community needs and concerns. Both groups meet regularly.
- Community volunteers are always welcome. Volunteers provide a variety of support services to the school.
- Parents are welcome to visit the school. All visitors are asked to check in at the office upon arrival.
- Our school encourages student involvement and provides many opportunities for students to develop leadership skills.
- Our students participate in MESA, science competitions, leadership conferences, and music festivals.